Empire alumnus Josh Saccurato has capitalized on his swimming talent and experience by starting a new business called Video-Tech Swimming. The Video-Tech Club-Tech program helps teams, swimmers, and coaches by coming to their facilities and conducting stroke video analysis clinics. Click here for a clinic flyer, and click here for more details on the Video-Tech Club-Tech Developomental Program. Josh and his crew will coming to work with Empire swimmers in two sessions at The Hackley School.
Click on the links below to register for the Video-Tech Clinic:
The cost of the basic program is $25, due the day of the clinic. Please make checks payable to Josh Saccurato.
Once again, Empire Swimming won the 2014 Sun Kissed Junior/Senior Championship Meet! Capping off four days of fast swimming that included a mind blowing 519 personal best times, Empire swimmers set even more team records on the final day of the meet:
Individual Team Records:
- Shane McNamara, Men's Open 400 IM (3:53.55)
- Bridget Semenuk, Women's 11-12 200 Breast (2:30.43
Relay Team Records:
- Women's 11-12 200 Free Relay (1:42.85): Bridget Semenuk, Josie Panitz, Lexi McNamara, Mikayla Klein
- Men's Open 200 Free Relay (1:24.38): Wyatt Semenuk, Shane McNamara, Charlie McFarland, Raoul Rodriguez
Congratulations to Bebe Thompson, who won the Open Women's High Point Award for the meet!
We are proud of all of our swimmers for their hard work and great performances at Sun Kissed!
Day 3 at the Sun Kissed Invitational continued the trend of fast swimming highlighted by the following record setting performances:
- Girls 11-12 400 Fr (3:43.11) Bridget Semenuk, Josie Panitz, Mikayla Klein, Lexi McNamara
- Bridget Semenunk's lead off swim set the Girls 11-12 100 Free record with a 53:19
- Boys Open 400 Fr (3:05.49) Shane McNamara, Wyatt Semenuk, Charlie McFarland, Raoul Rodriguez
- Shane McNamara's lead off swim set the Boys 100 Free record 45:72
Individual team records were also set by
- Bebe Thompson in the Open 500 Free 4:56.20
- Alison McNamara in the Open 200 Br 2:20.21 and
- Jared Copeland in the Boys 200IM with a time of 2:15.70
Congratulations to Shane McNamara who set the Metro Record in the 200 BR 1:56.95!
Another exciting day of good times in and out of the water at the Sun Kissed Meet!
Records were set today by:
New Metro Records:
- 11-12 Womens 400 Medley Relay: Mikayla Klein, Josephine Panitz, Bridget Semenuk, Lexi McNamara (4:07.59)
- Open Mens 100 Breaststroke: Shane McNamara (53.76)
New Team Records:
- Shane McNamara- Mens Open 100 Breaststroke (53.76) and 200 IM (1:49.06)
- Bridget Semenuk- Womens 11-12 100 Breaststroke (1:07.65)
- Jared Copeland- Mens 11-12 100 Butterfly (1:01.07)
- 11-12 Mens 400 Medley Relay (Garrett Kiesel, Abhi Kumar, Jared Copeland, Thomas Sasso) (4:18.94)
- Open Mens 400 Medley Relay (Raoul Rodriguez, Shane McNamara, Wyatt Semenuk, Charlie McFarland) (3:24.45)
Congratulations to everyone on your hard work and great results!
Empire swimmers are off to a great start at the 2014 Sun Kissed Meet!
New team records were set today by:
- Bridget Semenuk- in the women's 11-12 500 Freestyle (5:04.51)
- Andrew Babyak- in the men's 13-14 1000 Freestyle (9:45.11)
- Open Boys 200 Medley Relay (Raoul Rodriguez, Shane McNamara, Wyatt Semenuk, Charlie McFarland) (1:33.38)
- 11-12 Girls 200 Medley Relay (Mikayla Klein, Josephine Panitz, Bridget Semenuk, Alexandra McNamara) (1:54.81)
Download the Active Network "Meet Mobile" app at Active.com, iPhone App Store, or Google Play and search for the 2014 Sun Kissed Invitational Jr/Sr Champs to follow the team and get all meet results!
At the NCSA Junior Nationals Meet in Orlando, Florida, Empire Swimming took 27th out 255 teams in attendance at the five day meet! Bebe Thompson broke Empire team records in both the Women's Open 200 IM (2:02.20) and in the Open 400 IM (4:21.72), while Shane McNamara broke the team record in the Men's Open 100 Breast (54.51) and broke both the team and the Metropolitan record in the Open 200 Breast (1:57.75). The Men's Open 400 Medley Relay of Raoul Rodriguez, Shane McNamara, Wyatt Semenuk, and Aaron Saccurato set a new team record of 3:26.87, and the Men's relay of Tyler Curran, Shane McNamara, Aaron Saccurato, and Raoul Rodriguez broke the Open 800 Freestyle Relay record with a time of 6:54.87.
Empire swimmers had a great meet at the 2014 Metro Junior Olympics! New women's team records were set by Marie Ueda in the 9-10 100 Breast (1:18.27), and by Bridget Semenuk in both the 11-12 50 Free (27.74) and the 11-12 100 Breast (1:09.75). On the men's side, new records were set by Jared Copeland in both the 11-12 100 Butterfly (1:01.16) and in the 11-12 200 Butterfly (2:13.43). The fast foursome of MIkayla Klein, Josie Panitz, Bridget Semenuk, and Kate Amar broke team records in both the women's 11-12 200 Medley Relay (1:55.94) and in the 11-12 200 Free Relay (1:43.75). The team of Garrett Kiesel, Abhi Kumar, Jared Copeland, and Thomas Sasso set a new team record in the men's 11-12 400 Medley Relay with a time of 4:25.60. Congratulations to all our swimmers who participated in the 2014 Metro JOs on a great meet!
Please note that there have been changes to the Xtreme practice calendar for March! You can find the revised calendar by clicking here, or by clicking on the "Calendars" tab at the top of the site.